After a two-year hiatus, we are thrilled to bring back our biggest event of the year! On April 28, 2022, we are officially hosting Bountifield’s 40th Anniversary ‘Pamoja’ Gala, in person at Machine Shop in Minneapolis, to celebrate four decades of innovation, entrepreneurship and sustainable food! “Pamoja”, Swahili for “together,” represents the spirit of community and collaboration, recognizing that we all must work together to tackle problems near and far around hunger, poverty, equality, and climate change.
This gala holds the utmost importance to us. Not only is it a chance to celebrate how far we have come over the past 40 years, but how much further we can go! It is also a night to show our great Minneapolis community how a local non-profit can generate a global impact. Minnesotans are known to be leaders in charitable giving. It is because of this spirit from supporters like you that we have been able to establish our vibrant, mission-driven organization. This gala is more than a dinner. It is a chance for us to reconfirm our commitment to developing postharvest markets where they are needed most in order to fight hunger with opportunity.
The funds raised at the gala will allow us to financially plan for the future and help us reach our future goals. This year’s Master of Ceremonies Jina Penn-Tracy, Co-owner & Co-founder of Centered Wealth, believes, “comprehensive planning allows individuals, businesses, and nonprofits to make more ethically aligned and influential decisions regarding the spending and investing of their money.” This way, our long-term projects have the security and stability to generate the greatest impact, allowing Bountifield the liberty to divert more energy into our mission rather than fundraising. Jina found her way to Bountifield as she, “likes looking and contributing to organizations with multiple points of impact around the world” and supports our mission “to empower women and their businesses.”
Our Keynote Speaker Efe Ukala, founder of ImpactHER focuses on bridging the financing gap for women-led small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in Africa through investor-readiness training, mentorship, market access, and other support. Supporting over 25,000 female entrepreneurs in 52 African countries on a pro bono basis, Efe and ImpactHER are working towards bridging the gender financial gap and empowering women entrepreneurs to realize their full economic potential.
Other exciting elements to add to the night include:
- Chowgirls Catering: As a women-owned and sustainable catering company, they have built a business dedicated to taking care of their clients and community.
- Bolé Ethiopian Cuisine: To incorporated African flavors into our dinner, Chowgirls is partnering with Chef Rekik Abaineh, owner of Bolé Ethiopian Cuisine.
- Trips of a Lifetime: New this year, we will host a travel auction with incredible destinations around the world, sponsored by AmFund.
- Silent & Live Auctions: We’ll feature our traditional silent auction complete with beautiful jewelry and accessories from Africa and a live auction with exquisite paintings from Kenya.
- Entertainment: Siama Matuzungidi and Dallas Johnson will bring feel-good music from the heart of Africa during our cocktail hour. Dinner with start with a performance from Tiyumba African Drum and Dance Company, and Minneapolis’ own Soul Tight Committee as the headliner with their 10-piece forte band to rein in the afterparty!
For those interested in celebrating 40 years of innovation, entrepreneurship and sustainable food but want to attend the After Party only, no need to fret, tickets are available for $50. Don’t miss the opportunity to enjoy an evening of spectacular live music and dance the night away for a good cause.
Your participation and attendance at our gala means more to us than you know. Supporters like you are what makes our mission possible! We look forward to hosting you at our biggest event of the year and celebrating all that we have achieved in the past 40 years.
Together/pamoja we can help fight hunger with opportunity.